Take a Lyft Shared ride to/from the SMART train and receive up to $5 incentive!
In September 2017, TAM began offering an incentive for up to $5 off all Lyft Shared rides to and from SMART stations in Marin County. In 2020, TAM expanded this program to include the new Downtown Novato and Larkspur SMART Stations. Through the promo code GET2SMART passengers using Lyft’s Shared ride service will receive up to $5 off rides to and from all SMART stations in Marin County. (For San Marin and Downtown Novato Stations use promo code GET2SMARTSM)
The program is designed to support new SMART ridership and encourage shared mobility options that reduce congestion and pollution. Lyft’s Shared rides are an affordable option that matches passengers taking a similar route. The technology provides an effective, real-time way to encourage and enable carpooling for first and last-mile access to Marin’s SMART rail service.
TAM has partnered with local nonprofit Whistlestop to ensure this service is available to all users, including providing rides with wheelchair accessible vehicles.
How the TAM Lyft Ride Program Works
To receive the up-to $5 incentive, participants must:
- Download the Lyft app and register for an account.
- Use shared Lyft ride option on the Lyft app, allowing passengers on a similar route to share the ride.
- Enter the promo code GET2SMART to receive up to $5 credit on up to 40 trips a month. The number of trips will be automatically renewed each month.
- The shared ride option is not available on the Lyft app from the San Marin and Downtown Novato SMART stations, passengers at these stations should enter the promo code GET2SMARTSM
- For those without smartphones or those who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle, call Whistlestop at 415-454-0998 to arrange for your Lyft ride. Rides are encouraged to be scheduled in advance. Be sure to mention the GET2SMART program.
- Begin or end the ride at a SMART station in Marin County during the SMART hours of operations Monday through Friday. Marin Stations are as follows:
Novato San Marin
Marin Civic Center
Downtown San Rafael
6. Passenger must pay for the first $2 of their Lyft Line ride, and TAM will cover up to the next $5.