Town of Fairfax, Council Member
Town of Fairfax
142 Bolinas Rd.
Fairfax, California 94930
By day, I work to protect our air, water, and wildlife as the Director of Programs for a 35-year-old Bay Area environmental nonprofit, the Resource Renewal Institute. I have conducted policy research on food, water, and energy policy on four continents, and my current work spans a variety of subject areas — from the protection of public lands to sustainable agriculture.
By night, I serve our Town of Fairfax, Marin County, and the greater Bay Area through a variety of volunteer roles including:
• Elected Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Sierra Club’s San Francisco Bay Chapter
• Appointed member of the Finance Committee of the Sierra Club’s San Francisco Bay Chapter
• Former appointed Vice-Chair of the Political Committee of the Sierra Club’s San Francisco Bay Chapter
• Appointed North Coast Regional Director of the California Young Democrats Environmental Caucus
• Former Climate Adaptation Task Force Member for the Sierra Club’s Board of Directors .
• Former Ballot Committee Treasurer for Citizens to Renew Novato’s Urban Growth Boundary, Yes on D 2017
• Former Ambassador for the Middle East Conflicts Wall Memorial.
Honors and Awards:
• 2018 recipient of Sierra Club California‘s inaugural “Emerging Leader Award” for outstanding contributions to conservation and politics.
• 2019 Presidio Graduate School Commencement Speaker for the Masters of Public Administration.